Re: Vim on Mac OS 10.2

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2002
      Karin Kosina wrote:

      > I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.2, and had to realise that vim
      > support is broken. I saw that you provide a binary for Jaguar on your
      > website (by Thomas Koch). I would be very interested to know what you
      > had to change to make it work? Quite obviously, some functions from
      > libSystem.B have been moved -- but I wonder where... I don't have Mr.
      > Koch's e-mail address, so could you please be so kind to ask him to send
      > me a diff to the official vim sources? That would be really great.

      I try to be paranoid about other people's e-mail addresses, so I'll bcc
      Thomas Koch in case he has anything to add to my reply.

      I do not think any changes to the source were needed; just recompiling was
      enough. TK used Project Builder at first; I think he also used the makefile
      successfully. (He also used the -prebind compiler option for faster startup,
      but I do not think this is essential.) You can see the steps I use to compile
      vim at
      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/#Developers
      and if you do the same thing under Jaguar, you should get a version that works
      on your system. If anyone knows how to get a single binary to work under OS X
      10.1 and 10.2, please let us know!

      OT: Can anyone tell me whether Jaguar has improvements that I care about?
      It would be nice if Mail.app understood threads, and I would love it if I could
      use IP over USB, so that I could sync my Zaurus over the cable. :)

      --Benji Fisher
    • Thomas Koch
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2002
        Benji Fisher wrote:

        >> Koch's e-mail address, so could you please be so kind to ask him to
        >> send
        >> me a diff to the official vim sources? That would be really great.
        > I try to be paranoid about other people's e-mail addresses, so
        > I'll bcc
        > Thomas Koch in case he has anything to add to my reply.

        You can publish my EMail address on your Website, if you wish.

        > I do not think any changes to the source were needed; just
        > recompiling was
        > enough. TK used Project Builder at first; I think he also used the
        > makefile
        > successfully. (He also used the -prebind compiler option for faster
        > startup,
        > but I do not think this is essential.)

        I had some unresolved symbols at the end of compiling. I'd added a
        "-lncurses"
        at the final linking, thats all i've changed.

        Tom.
      • Karin Kosina