compile on linux powerpc

  • Jeremy Brand, B.S.
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2002
      Howdy all,

      Attached is a patch that fixes compilation. Apparently under linux,
      HAVE_TGETENT is not defined. I think it may be thinking it is compiling
      under MacOSX.

      I am not sure the correct way to fix this, but this hack does fix it for
      this platform - but, I don't know what it breaks on others.

      If someone knows the proper way to fix this, I would be more than happy to
      test it.

      Jeremy
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2002
        Jeremy Brand wrote:

        > Attached is a patch that fixes compilation. Apparently under linux,
        > HAVE_TGETENT is not defined. I think it may be thinking it is compiling
        > under MacOSX.
        >
        > I am not sure the correct way to fix this, but this hack does fix it for
        > this platform - but, I don't know what it breaks on others.
        >
        > If someone knows the proper way to fix this, I would be more than happy to
        > test it.

        Read the remark in os_unix.c:

        /*
        * NOTE: if you get an error here that term_set_winsize() is
        * undefined, check the output of configure. It could probably not
        * find a ncurses, termcap or termlib library.
        */
        term_set_winsize((int)Rows, (int)Columns);

        Check your configure output (auto/config.log) why no term library could
        be found.

        256. You are able to write down over 250 symptoms of being an internet
        addict, even though they only asked for 101.