Re: cross one off the macvim voiceover bugs list

  • yvonne thomson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
      On 02/03/2008, at 9:14 PM, Nico Weber wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      >> the problem I was having was that, in anything other than insert
      >> mode,
      >> when
      >> arrowing to the end of the line I couldn't hear the last character on
      >> that
      >> line.
      >>
      >> The thing is, this happens on console Vim as well, both the version
      >> that
      >> comes with OS X Leopard, and the version that comes with the latest
      >> Ubuntu, which was
      >> all I have easy access to.
      >>
      >> I guess now the only question I can't answer is, is this a Voiceover
      >> bug,
      >> ornot?
      >
      > That's intentional vim behaviour. If you put
      >
      > set virtualedit+=onemore
      >> in your _vimrc, it works.

      > Wow, you're completely right. I could have sworn I tried that at
      > some point in my testing, but I must have messed up the command
      > somehow. This will make my life a bit easier, I think, <grin>.

      > By the way, when you hit ⌘F5 in a MacVim window to turn on Voiceover
      > and wait, the reading gets strange after the title of the current
      > window has been read (it enters some strange loop). Is this a known
      > bug? Why does this happen?
      Life is always a bit strange affter you first enter Voiceover.
      Admittedly, it's not something that happens to me often, because I'm
      always running it, <grin>. I think it tries to read the whole window,
      or something like that. Just hit the control key as soon as it starts
      babbling, and it shuts up. Trust me on this, the first thing any
      speech user learns is how to make the computer *stop* talking.