Re: Using Vim in Mail.app

  • dado
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 2, 2008
      On Mar 2, 11:12 am, dado <goo...@...> wrote:

      > With text in a new message pane, 2 different things might happen when
      > I try to edit in MacVim:
      > - the text disappears from the open message, or
      > - the text is selected (highlighted blue)

      I just found out the different behaviors in Mail.app have to do with
      the clipboard/paste buffers

      - On a new msg, type something, edit in vim, text disappears
      - copy something into the clipboard
      - On a new msg, type something, edit in vim, text disappears
      - paste clipboard into new message, delete all, type something new,
      edit in vim, last pasted text replaces whatever you just typed.

      Is it only me?

      Thanks
      dado
    • Nico Weber
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 5, 2008
        > iCab shows
        > Edit in MacVim
        > and I can actually edit the URL bar, but writing it back results in
        > an empty line.

        That's because MacVim adds a '\n' character. Hit backspace or up and
        you'll probably see the text again.

        Safari's, Camino's and Cyberduck's behaviours confuse me though (over
        here, I can use Edit in MacVim in Cyberducks quickconnect box without
        problems).

        Nico