Re: Using Vim in Mail.app

  • dado
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 2, 2008
      Hey Matrix Mole,

      I'm getting the weird random strings in Safari's Edit menu as well.
      In Mail.app, the menu is right, but something else is broken.
      With text in a new message pane, 2 different things might happen when
      I try to edit in MacVim:
      - the text disappears from the open message, or
      - the text is selected (highlighted blue)
      but MacVim doesn't open (nor open a new window if it was already
      running)

      I went through the install twice, log out, rebooted. Still broken.
      In the past I had installed it on a G4/10.4.?? at work and it works
      fine there.
      Now I'm trying at home on an Intel-mini/10.4.11 and I'm getting those
      random strings on the menu.

      Please let me know if you find out what's broken.

      Thanks
      dado
    • Nico Weber
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 5, 2008
        > iCab shows
        > Edit in MacVim
        > and I can actually edit the URL bar, but writing it back results in
        > an empty line.

        That's because MacVim adds a '\n' character. Hit backspace or up and
        you'll probably see the text again.

        Safari's, Camino's and Cyberduck's behaviours confuse me though (over
        here, I can use Edit in MacVim in Cyberducks quickconnect box without
        problems).

        Nico