Re: Using Vim in Mail.app and TeXShop

    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 1, 2008
      On 28/02/2008, Axel Kielhorn <A.Kielhorn@...> wrote:

      > Am 28.02.2008 um 18:36 schrieb Axel Kielhorn:
      >

      > > Date/Time: 2008-02-28 18:33:30.262 +0100
      > > OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)
      > > Report Version: 4
      > >
      > > Command: TeXShop
      > > Parent: WindowServer [59]
      > >
      > > Version: 2.14-svn (2.14)
      > >
      > > PID: 14930
      > >
      > > Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
      > > Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x24448900
      >

      > I have to reply to myself:
      >
      > When I start Camino it crashes with the same error.
      > When I start it a second time it shows "Edit in Status ..."
      > The third time this has changed to "Edit in (<NSAlert 0x19ba160>)
      >
      > Maybe this helps.

      I haven't looked at the input manager code much so I can't really say
      anything about this. It would be great if you could try to debug this
      problem somehow though. The source code for the input manager is in
      the Git repo now so it should be possible to add some NSLogs here and
      there to see what is going on. I've not experienced any crashes with
      the input manager myself.

      /Björn

    • Nico Weber
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 5, 2008
        > iCab shows
        > Edit in MacVim
        > and I can actually edit the URL bar, but writing it back results in
        > an empty line.

        That's because MacVim adds a '\n' character. Hit backspace or up and
        you'll probably see the text again.

        Safari's, Camino's and Cyberduck's behaviours confuse me though (over
        here, I can use Edit in MacVim in Cyberducks quickconnect box without
        problems).

        Nico