Re: This message sent to Steve Jobs at Apple

  • Morel David
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      Le 1 mars 08 à 08:33, travis a écrit :

      > I expect you'll be waiting for that email from Steve Jobs for a very
      > long time.

      Not true, there are good indications he actually reads those.

      David

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
        On 29/02/2008, bedney <tpursuit@...> wrote:

        > Folks -
        >
        > I just posted the following email to Steve Jobs over at Apple. We'll
        > see if I get a response. I has happened before.
        >
        > I highly recommend that no one else does this, at least for now. Let's
        > not bombard him with emails. Let's see if this gets some action first:

        > Steve -
        >
        > Bjorn Winckler has been doing a beautiful port of the Unix 'vim'
        > editor to Mac OS X. Many of us developers use it on a daily basis.
        >
        > http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
        >
        > This is an all-volunteer effort on his part and its now been halted by
        > the fact that the iBook he was working on has given up the ghost.
        >
        > Considering the ever-growing number of Macs I see at developer's
        > conferences, the Mac has become *the* developer's platform-of-choice.
        > Many of us use vim. I think having a great port of vim to the Mac is
        > essential.
        >
        > A PayPal collection to get him a new Mac is underway, but we're only
        > 1/3 of the way there. Is there a way that Apple could give this guy a
        > new Mac or at least give him a discount on one? We need to get him
        > back to work. He lives in Sweden.
        >
        > His email address is: bjorn.winckler@...
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > - Bill (an old-time NextStepper from the 0.8 days :-) )

        Bill, I appreciate the gesture...whether there is a reply or not.

        Thanks again to everybody who has donated so far. Currently, the
        donations fund covers about 37% of the cost of a MacBook Pro...that's
        a lot more than I ever expected! I've received about 40 donations so
        I am still hoping that a few more donations will trickle in (for
        comparison, the latest snapshot has been downloaded about 3100 times).
        In any case, things are looking very good. :-)

        /Björn