Re: Patch for multiple preference panes

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
      > I was in the process of merging this patch and noticed some things
      > about the new prefs panel:
      >
      > 1. it doesn't close when you press Esc

      Fixed. (see patch I just sent)

      > 2. there is no show/hide toolbar button

      That's what the HIG wants.

      > 3. the state of the toolbar is not autosaved

      It's now autosaved if you close and reopen the window again. It's not
      autosaved across closing and reopening MacVim though. Perhaps I'll add
      that too, haven't checked how hard this would be yet.

      > I changed the prefs to use NSPanel instead of NSWindow to take care of
      > #1 (the old prefs were also NSPanel based). (I also made sure to call
      > [NSWindow setHidesOnDeactive:NO].) Any objections?

      The patch I just sent does this too. Best revert my older patch and
      apply the one I just sent.

      > However, I think #2 and #3 are rather stupid...why would you hide the
      > toolbar in a prefs window!?! Apple seems to think this is useful, but
      > I can't see how it could be.

      The new HIG says that pref windows should not have this button, so
      Apple agrees with you here.

      > Shall we leave #2 and #3 as they are?

      See above :-P

      Sorry for being about one hour late with my new patch :-P

      Nico