Re: Using Vim in Mail.app

  • Robin
    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 27, 2008
      On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Matrix Mole <matrixm@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM, travis <eatsleepgolf@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Install the ODBEditor: http://macvim.googlecode.com/files/ODBInputManager.tbz
      > > and run the commands in the Read Me file, then restart or open
      > > Mail.app and open the email with Control-Command-Shift-E.
      >
      > I'm sure my answer could be answered if I download the plugin and
      > install it, but I figure it's easier to ask first. Does the ODBEditor
      > plugin only work with Mail.app, or could it be setup to work with any
      > application? Such as using thunderbird or editing the text messages in
      > adium, or possibly even editing form fields in safari or firefox. Or
      > was the plugin designed specifically for Mail.app?

      It's available (I believe) in any native Cocoa text widget. So Safari,
      Mail etc. but not Firefox/Thunderbird. I just checked and it does work
      in Adium too.

      Robin

    • Nico Weber
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 5, 2008
        > iCab shows
        > Edit in MacVim
        > and I can actually edit the URL bar, but writing it back results in
        > an empty line.

        That's because MacVim adds a '\n' character. Hit backspace or up and
        you'll probably see the text again.

        Safari's, Camino's and Cyberduck's behaviours confuse me though (over
        here, I can use Edit in MacVim in Cyberducks quickconnect box without
        problems).

        Nico