Re: usr_05.txt (last change: 2001 Nov 02) systems nad plugins

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2002
      On Saturday, July 20, 2002, at 10:04 AM, Mac Vim Support (Axel
      Kielhorn) wrote:

      > At 10:11 Uhr +0200 2002-07-19, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >> Mikolaj -
      >>
      >>> usr_05.txt (last change: 2001 Nov 02) systems nad plugins
      >>> lines 314-319
      >>>
      >>> system plugin directory ~
      >>> Unix ~/.vim/plugin/
      >>> PC and OS/2 $HOME/vimfiles/plugin or $VIM/vimfiles/plugin
      >>> Amiga s:vimfiles/plugin
      >>> Macintosh $VIM:vimfiles:plugin
      >>> RISC-OS Choices:vimfiles.plugin
      >>>
      >>> It would be nice to add entry for MasOSX.
      >>> I don't know how it should be exactly (no OSX contact) but I think
      >>> that
      >>> is enough:
      >>>
      >>> Unix and MacOSX ~/.vim/plugin/
      >>
      >> Yes, it would be good to mention the Mac OS X. But we must be sure
      >> about
      >> what it is. Axel?
      >
      > I'm the wrong person to ask since I'm still running classic MacOS.
      > But since MacOSX is using most of the UNIX configuration, that looks
      > correct.
      >
      > Benji, is there a difference between MACOSX and MACOSX_UNIX?
      >
      > Axel

      I think that Mac OS X should be like Unix, at least for now.
      Eventually, we may try to make Vim follow the OS X conventions better,
      but for now "the simplicity of Unix" seems like the best choice. ;)

      To be honest, I am not sure what the difference between MACOSX and
      MACOSX_UNIX is at this point. (I think I always compile with the
      latter.)

      --Benji Fisher