Re: MacOS X, iconv and gettext emulation

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 16 12:06 PM
      On Tuesday, July 16, 2002, at 02:26 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > [snip]
      > 4. I tried rm ~/.viminfo ; make clean ; make -f Make_osx.mak . There
      > was less recompiling than I expected, and the time stamp on gvim.app/
      > did not change; I am not sure if this is a problem.

      I guess that should have been make -f Make_osx.mak clean. I tried
      again, with more recompilation but without much change in the results.

      --Benji Fisher

      http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html
    • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 29 9:20 AM
        Last week I wrote that it should be possible to use TEC for Mac Classic.
        That was a bad thing to do, because I couldn't rest until I got it compiled:-)

        The patches included (against a clean 6.1.118) include the changes to
        get iconv emulation layer compiled with CodeWarrior 2 for MacOS
        Classic.

        What have I done?
        os_macosx.c:
        #include <TextEncodingConverter.h>
        (This is automatically included with carbon.h)
        Changed a lot of variables to the types expected by the library to
        avoid casting: buf_in, buf_out, out_len, out_true, etc.
        CW is really picky about type missmatch.

        os_mac.h:
        #define TRACE

        structs.h:
        Added typedef for MacOS Classic,
        define missing errors.

        Project:
        Added library (Patch not included)

        Things to do:
        Learn how to use encodings to test if it really works.

        Muraoka-san,

        could you please integrate these patches into your version and if
        possible release a new patch against a more recent Vim?

        Everyone else:

        The patches will be probably missing from the list, if you really
        want them, please ask by mail.

        Axel
      • MURAOKA Taro
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 29 9:27 PM
          Great works!!.

          > Muraoka-san,
          >
          > could you please integrate these patches into your version and if
          > possible release a new patch against a more recent Vim?

          I see. I will try it on this week end.
          ----
          MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>