Scripting MacVim (?)

  • Victoria Schlosser
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      are all those scripts out there for Windows/Linux VIM supposed to work
      with MacVim? I seem to have a lot of trouble getting them running;
      most don't initialize properly, e.g. when adding items to menus. Is
      there any document describing the differences when scripting MacVim?

      Thank you.
      Vic

    • David Morel
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
        Le 9 févr. 08 à 20:35, Victoria Schlosser a écrit :

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > are all those scripts out there for Windows/Linux VIM supposed to work
        > with MacVim? I seem to have a lot of trouble getting them running;
        > most don't initialize properly, e.g. when adding items to menus. Is
        > there any document describing the differences when scripting MacVim?

        I personally use unmodified vim scripts taken from vim.org and they
        usually
        run fine. Maybe an example with a more detailed explaination of the
        errors
        encountered would help. Can you be more specific?

        D.Morel
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
          On 09/02/2008, Victoria Schlosser <victoria.schlosser@...> wrote:

          > are all those scripts out there for Windows/Linux VIM supposed to work
          > with MacVim? I seem to have a lot of trouble getting them running;
          > most don't initialize properly, e.g. when adding items to menus. Is
          > there any document describing the differences when scripting MacVim?

          I am aware of menu problems with e.g. rails.vim. If you are using
          other plugins please let me know which so that I can test these things
          when I get some time to fix the menu system.

          Otherwise, yes, in general MacVim should be able to run the scripts
          that other platforms can handle.

          Thanks,

        • Nico Weber
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
            > are all those scripts out there for Windows/Linux VIM supposed to work
            > with MacVim? I seem to have a lot of trouble getting them running;
            > most don't initialize properly, e.g. when adding items to menus. Is
            > there any document describing the differences when scripting MacVim?

            They should work. All I tried do work (none of them add menu items,
            though). There might be problems with menu items -- which plugins are
            you trying to use?

            Nico

          • Victoria Schlosser
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2008
              On 9 Feb., 21:46, "björn" <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:

              > I am aware of menu problems with e.g. rails.vim. If you are using
              > other plugins please let me know which so that I can test these things
              > when I get some time to fix the menu system.

              More specifically, I'm trying to run Cream (http://cream.sf.net/),
              which is a collection of scripts taken from vim.org, glued to a common
              look&feel. It all works fine, except for the menu entries, which
              however are somewhat important. Are there any known workarounds?

              Thanks,
              VIc

            • travis
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 10, 2008
                I use a lot of scripts and the only one that I have had issues with is
                the HTML.vim bundle, and the only issue is that icons don't render
                right in the menu-bar because the icons aren't in the right format for
                Cocoa. Rails.vim works fine though.