Re: MacVim 5.6.70 released

  • Ben Fowler
    Message 1 of 8 , May 12, 2000
      At 09:21 AM 5/12/00, Eugene Lee wrote:
      >:> > I have a serious problem with this MacVim 5.6.70. When I started it up,
      >:> > it would always die and drop into MacsBug. It's very difficult to exit
      >:> > the application from there.
      >:
      >:What happens when you try the command
      >: es
      >
      >That's the command I use in MacsBug. So what happens is basically what
      >I had explained before:

      Thanks. I missed the start of this. es (exit to shell) causes control to be
      passed back to the finder and for the foreground process's resources to be
      released. This will not work if vital memory structures are corrupt. it also
      fails (or fails through that reason) under some circumstances if the foreground
      process is handing an elaborate apple event or is deeply involved in shared
      libraries. (Try doing an es out of Stuffit Deluxe).

      Generally, failure to respond to es indicates something that could be improved
      in a program & it would be nice to make vi as friendly and compliant as
      possible.

      Ben.
    • Eugene Lee
      Message 2 of 8 , May 12, 2000
        On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 01:16:50PM +0100, Ben Fowler wrote:
        :
        :Generally, failure to respond to es indicates something that could be
        :improved in a program & it would be nice to make vi as friendly and
        :compliant as possible.

        So are there any plans to make MacVim Carbon-comliant? :)

        --
        Eugene Lee
        eugene@...
        Message 3 of 8 , May 12, 2000
          At 19:41 Uhr +0200 2000-05-12, Eugene Lee wrote:
          >On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 01:16:50PM +0100, Ben Fowler wrote:
          >:
          >:Generally, failure to respond to es indicates something that could be
          >:improved in a program & it would be nice to make vi as friendly and
          >:compliant as possible.
          >
          >So are there any plans to make MacVim Carbon-comliant? :)

          ATM about 15% of the calls MacVim makes are not compatible with carbon. I
          think this should get high priority.

          Axel

          --
          Adults get far more pleasure from adultery
          than children do from infancy