Feature request

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
      thanks to the dev. It looks really nice.
      Would it be possible to add a slightly bigger margin on the left. I
      always have the feeling letters are falling off the edge when they are
      too close to the border. In editors such as TextEdit the toolbar items
      and the textfield share the same margin to the border which also looks
      nicer. 5-10px is in most cases enough.
      Just an idea.

      Thanks, Mike
    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
        > Would it be possible to add a slightly bigger margin on the left. I
        > always have the feeling letters are falling off the edge when they are
        > too close to the border. In editors such as TextEdit the toolbar items
        > and the textfield share the same margin to the border which also looks
        > nicer. 5-10px is in most cases enough.

        Hi Mike,

        check out http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/UserDefaults ,
        MMTextInsetLeft is what you're looking for. If you do `:set number`,
        the "real" text is further to the left as well.

        I like how it is now ;-)

        Nico

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008