native tabs

  • Robert Hicks
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2008
      How do I get the OSX style tabs to show up?

      Robert

    • Robert Hicks
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
        I do a :version and it is the one by bjorn...still no native tabs. I
        have the latest download.

        Robert

        Matt Tolton wrote:
        > You're probably using carbon vim. Try MacVim.app at:
        > http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
        >
        > Matt
        >
        > On Jan 31, 2008 8:14 PM, Robert Hicks <sigzero@...> wrote:
        >> How do I get the OSX style tabs to show up?
        >>
        >> Robert

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
          > I do a :version and it is the one by bjorn...still no native tabs. I
          > have the latest download.

          What do you mean with native tabs? Are you using Tiger or Leopard?
          What's the output of `:set guioptions?`? Can you post a screenshot of
          how MacVim looks on your computer? (hit cmd-shift-4 space, then click
          the MacVim window. A screenshot of the window will be created on your
          desktop.)

          Nico

        • Robert Hicks
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
            Nico Weber wrote:
            >> I do a :version and it is the one by bjorn...still no native tabs. I
            >> have the latest download.
            >
            > What do you mean with native tabs? Are you using Tiger or Leopard?
            > What's the output of `:set guioptions?`? Can you post a screenshot of
            > how MacVim looks on your computer? (hit cmd-shift-4 space, then click
            > the MacVim window. A screenshot of the window will be created on your
            > desktop.)
            >
            > Nico

            Crap it is the guioptions! I had to reset some things and I put:

            set go=Acgtm

            that is from a site that I use to help me customize my .vimrc and .gvimrc.

            I will research which of those affects the tabs as I am not that
            familiar with it.

            Robert

          • Robert Hicks
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
              Nico Weber wrote:
              >> Crap it is the guioptions! I had to reset some things and I put:
              >>
              >> set go=Acgtm
              >>
              >> that is from a site that I use to help me customize my .vimrc
              >> and .gvimrc.
              >>
              >> I will research which of those affects the tabs as I am not that
              >> familiar with it.
              >
              > If you do `set go+=e`, then you'll have gui tabs (likewise, `set go-
              > =e` gives you text tabs). To prevent these kinds of problems, it's
              > recommended that you always change go with += or -= (that way, if a
              > new letter is added to guioptions in a later version, and this letter
              > is included by default (like 'e' was), your _vimrc won't override it).
              >
              > Nico

              Thanks!

              Robert