MacVim.app - snapshot 0801A

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27 9:26 AM
      I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to the usual place:

      http://code.google.com/p/macvim

      I have spent some time on refactoring parts of the code; this should
      take care of a lot of issues relating to resizing of windows and several
      full-screen problems.

      The last couple of days I have tried to make MacVim behave better when
      using MacVim in conjunction with Xcode and the "Edit in MacVim" input
      manager. By the way, if you haven't tried the input manager you really
      should do so now...it can be downloaded from the above website
      (installation instructions are in the archive). Thanks go out to Eelco
      Lempsink and Chris Eidhof for letting me put their binary on the MacVim
      project page (and to Allan Odgaard for writing it in the first place),
      and also to Bruno De Fraine for providing instructions on how to make
      the input manager work with MacVim!

      More updates:
      - it is possible to control when an untitled window is to be opened by
      setting the user default MMUntitledWindow to a number between 0 and 3
      (0 = never open, 1 = on open event, 2 = on reopen event, 3 = always)
      (thanks to Nigel Green for the idea)
      - the cursor color is a bit brighter when 'bg=dark', hopefully it is now
      easier to spot
      - spotlight integration; when MacVim is opened from a spotlight search,
      the query term is searched for and highlighted (if 'hls' is set)

      This version contains several bug fixes, including:
      - no false warnings that there are modified buffers when quitting
      - full-screen works on secondary monitors (Nico Weber)
      - menus no longer stop responding in full-screen
      - some minor memory leaks have been patched
      - the font code had a very nasty bug that could lead to crashes
      - <M-Up> and <M-Down> no longer triggered twice

      As always, take a look at

      http://repo.or.cz/w/MacVim.git

      for a more complete change log.

      Thank you to everybody who have been reporting bugs and making
      suggestions on how to improve MacVim; also Nico Weber deserves a special
      thanks for comments on the source code, posting patches, etc...

      /Björn