got an error when running mvim from commandline,

  • vivacarlie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2008
      it might intrest you. from running src/MacVim/mvim

      Error detected while processing function <SNR>24_DefPython:
      line 130:
      File "<string>", line 19
      @classmethod
      ^
      SyntaxError: invalid syntax
      adsl-70-130-195-55:~/Projects/MacVim Nehemiah$ src/MacVim/mvim
      Error detected while processing function <SNR>24_DefPython:
      line 130:
      File "<string>", line 19
      @classmethod
      ^
      SyntaxError: invalid syntax

      now what python is there on the source if not , it must be my taglist
      plugin loading?
    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2008

        > Error detected while processing function <SNR>24_DefPython:
        > line 130:
        > File "<string>", line 19
        > @classmethod
        > ^
        > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
        > adsl-70-130-195-55:~/Projects/MacVim Nehemiah$ src/MacVim/mvim
        > Error detected while processing function <SNR>24_DefPython:
        > line 130:
        > File "<string>", line 19
        > @classmethod
        > ^
        > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
        >

        > now what python is there on the source if not , it must be my taglist
        > plugin loading?

        You can probably find the offending file by doing

        grep -r ~/.vim '@classmethod'

        Since attributes are new(ish) in python, vim is probably using an
        older python version than some plugin expects.

        Nico