Re: Building MacVim.app on Leopard with Language Support

  • Kazuki Sakamoto
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2008

      On Jan 16, 2008 12:25 PM, Austin Ziegler <halostatue@...> wrote:
      > What do I need to do to get this to work?

      If you want to run it on both Intel- and PowerPC-based Mac (build for
      universal binary),

      > ld: warning in /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib, file is not of required
      > architecture
      > ld: warning in /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/darwin-2level/auto/
      > DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a, file is not of required architecture

      you need rebuild libiconv and perl5 for universal binary in your /opt/local.
      If you used MacPorts, try '+universal' option with 'port install'.

      And check src/auto/config.mk after 'configure'.

      > ld: warning in objects/version.o, file is not of required architecture

      This warning occurred in this situation.
      CFLAGS has '-arch i386' only.
      LDFLAGS has '-arch i386 -arch ppc'

      Add '-arch ppc' to CFLAGS.

      If you don't want to run it on both Intel- and PowerPC-based Mac,
      just remove '--with-mac-arch=both' option from 'configure' options.

      sakamoto