Python Source File Icons ?

  • placid
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2008
      Hi All,

      When i make python source files open up in MacVim the icon on the
      files don't change. I tried adding a new entry in Info.plist (to just
      use the icon doc-bm.icns) but i couldn't get it to work. Any ideas ?

      Cheers
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2008
        On 14/01/2008, placid <Bulkan@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > When i make python source files open up in MacVim the icon on the
        > files don't change. I tried adding a new entry in Info.plist (to just
        > use the icon doc-bm.icns) but i couldn't get it to work. Any ideas ?

        Unfortunately changing the default icon seems to be difficult.
        Modifying the Info.plist has no effect if another application already
        has that association. Sometimes it seems to work to select a file of
        the type you wish to change, hit Mac-i, change the "Open with" section
        to MacVim (after doing the Info.plist modification), and then hitting
        the "Change All..." button.

        Good luck,