Re: fullscreen problem on second monitor

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2008
      > I can't figure out how to get git-send-email to work. Can someone help
      > me with that?

      My guess is that Postfix needs to be set up. A *very* sketchy set of instructions
      which pretty much all has to be done as root:

      (1) edit /etc/postfix/main.cf so it has these directives uncommented an
      appropriately set:

      myhostname = your_machines_hostname

      relayhost = your_isp_mail_server
      smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtppasswd
      smtp_sasl_security_options =

      sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/senders

      (2) edit /etc/postfix/senders and add

      your_username your_real_email_address

      as a line in it.

      (3) edit/create /etc/postfix/smtppasswd and add

      your_isp_mail_server your_isp_username:your_isp_password

      (4)

      $ cd /etc/postfix
      $ postmap senders
      $ postmap smtppasswd

      (5) test it out; I think in Mac OS 10.4 and later, postfix is setup to start
      automatically if you use the sendmail command. If it doesn't work, though, you can
      try issuing 'postfix start' which will start the daemon. Doing 'mailq' will show
      you what's currently in the mail queue to be sent, so you can see errors. Logs are
      in /var/log/mail.log* so you can troubleshoot. Easiest way to test is just to send
      some mail from the commandline

      $ sendmail some_email_address << END
      From: me <my_email_address>
      To: you <your_email_address>
      Subject: This is a test mail

      Here is the body of the email.

      END

      Once that much works, anything that uses the sendmail interface should work, and I
      presume git-send-email does.

      Do let me know if this helps/works/...

      Cheers,

      Ben.