"set guifont=courier:h14" seems not work

  • PaxToYou
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008

      I placed the command "set guifont=courier:h14" into the .vimrc file
      and I don't see any change on the screen (the current font in
      different from what I'm selecting).

      The same behaviour happens when I type in command mode ":set
      guifont=courier:h14"

      The VIM windows version 7.1 works as I expect but the same version for
      MAC COCOA doesn't

      Using the menu Edit->Select Font I'm able ti change the font.

      Any idea how to automatically setup my favorite font when I open VIM?

      Thanks.

      Alberto

    • Ted Pavlic
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
        Try an uppercase C

        :set guifont=Courier:h14

        --Ted

        --
        Ted Pavlic <ted@...>

      • Ted Pavlic
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
          Also, it may make more sense to put that line into your

          .gvimrc

          rather than your .vimrc.

          --Ted

          --
          Ted Pavlic <ted@...>

        • Kenneth Reid Beesley
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
            Alberto,

            Yeah, guifont is for gvim (the GUI version of vim), so you'd normally
            place it in your .gvimrc
            rather than the .vimrc. When you launch gvim, the .gvimrc file gets
            read.

            In plain non-GUI vim, running in a terminal, the font selected for the
            terminal is the
            font used for vim. gvim allows you to set the guifont.

            Ken