Re: fullscreen problem on second monitor

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
      > I have applied it and pushed it to the pulic repo, please check that
      > it works (I encountered some problems, see below).

      Seems to work fine.

      Nico

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2008
        > I can't figure out how to get git-send-email to work. Can someone help
        > me with that?

        My guess is that Postfix needs to be set up. A *very* sketchy set of instructions
        which pretty much all has to be done as root:

        (1) edit /etc/postfix/main.cf so it has these directives uncommented an
        appropriately set:

        myhostname = your_machines_hostname

        relayhost = your_isp_mail_server
        smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
        smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtppasswd
        smtp_sasl_security_options =

        sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/senders

        (2) edit /etc/postfix/senders and add

        your_username your_real_email_address

        as a line in it.

        (3) edit/create /etc/postfix/smtppasswd and add

        your_isp_mail_server your_isp_username:your_isp_password

        (4)

        $ cd /etc/postfix
        $ postmap senders
        $ postmap smtppasswd

        (5) test it out; I think in Mac OS 10.4 and later, postfix is setup to start
        automatically if you use the sendmail command. If it doesn't work, though, you can
        try issuing 'postfix start' which will start the daemon. Doing 'mailq' will show
        you what's currently in the mail queue to be sent, so you can see errors. Logs are
        in /var/log/mail.log* so you can troubleshoot. Easiest way to test is just to send
        some mail from the commandline

        $ sendmail some_email_address << END
        From: me <my_email_address>
        To: you <your_email_address>
        Subject: This is a test mail

        Here is the body of the email.

        END

        Once that much works, anything that uses the sendmail interface should work, and I
        presume git-send-email does.

        Do let me know if this helps/works/...

        Cheers,

        Ben.