(new?) fullscreen problem

  • ant
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2008
      I've encountered a problem with 0712B that I'm 95% sure used to work
      with the previous release, though I could be wrong...!

      In my .gvimrc I have a function defined, and a command to call it:

      function! MyMailMode()
      set ft=mail
      set fo=tcrq
      set textwidth=72
      set fullscreen
      endfunction

      command MailMode :call MyMailMode()

      Then, to edit mail in macVim I could do run:

      gvim +MailMode myEmailMessage

      I'm sure this used to work. However, now when I do this the macvim
      window opens up fullscreen, then immediately disappears again to be
      replaced with a full grey window with only a title, and Terminal
      shows:

      2008-01-06 08:45:09.888 MacVim[14395:10b] *** Assertion failure in -
      [NSWindow setTitle:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-949/AppKit.subproj/
      NSWindow.m:1935

      If I remove the "set fullscreen" line, it works fine (except,
      obviously, not in full screen :) If I launch it without the "set
      fullscreen" line and then do a :set fullscreen, it works fine.

      Thanks

      Ant.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2008
        On 06/01/2008, ant <antony.baxter@...> wrote:

        > I've encountered a problem with 0712B that I'm 95% sure used to work
        > with the previous release, though I could be wrong...!
        >
        > In my .gvimrc I have a function defined, and a command to call it:
        >
        > function! MyMailMode()
        > set ft=mail
        > set fo=tcrq
        > set textwidth=72
        > set fullscreen
        > endfunction
        >
        > command MailMode :call MyMailMode()
        >
        > Then, to edit mail in macVim I could do run:
        >
        > gvim +MailMode myEmailMessage
        >
        > I'm sure this used to work. However, now when I do this the macvim
        > window opens up fullscreen, then immediately disappears again to be
        > replaced with a full grey window with only a title, and Terminal
        > shows:
        >
        > 2008-01-06 08:45:09.888 MacVim[14395:10b] *** Assertion failure in -
        > [NSWindow setTitle:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-949/AppKit.subproj/
        > NSWindow.m:1935
        >
        > If I remove the "set fullscreen" line, it works fine (except,
        > obviously, not in full screen :) If I launch it without the "set
        > fullscreen" line and then do a :set fullscreen, it works fine.

        I can confirm this bug and it is not something I have come across
        before. Thanks for the report.

        /Björn