Re: changing system keyboard layout on insert mode

  • Dmitry Zubov
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2008
      Actually, I said imi=0 and this solves the problem.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2008
        On 05/01/2008, Dmitry Zubov <Dmitry.Zubov@...> wrote:

        > Actually, I said imi=0 and this solves the problem.

        You might want to ":set imd" instead to disable input mode switches
        completely, otherwise the input mode will switch when you hit "/".

        I've noticed that many people are surprised by 'imd' being disabled by
        default. Maybe I should set it to be enabled by default so that
        people who want the input manager to switch when going between modes
        need to add "set noimd" to their .gvimrc. Any comments?

        /Björn