Re: clipboard support

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 4, 2008
      > Oh, I guess I was not being clear. Of course, I can do all these
      > things,
      > mvim *.m, mvim **/*.m, mvim -p *.m, and mvim --remote-tab file.m,
      > but I have no access to the cut and paste buffer (system clipboard?)
      > between vim and other apps when I invoke it this way. The only way
      > I get access to the system clipboard is to invoke MacVim by double
      > clicking its icon or saying open -a MacVim, neither of which lets me
      > use -o. My workaround for split-windowing large numbers of files is
      > just use non-gui vim in those cases. I could also source a file with
      > list of filenames, although that gives me sequential access to them
      > rather than split-window access.

      I see. Perhaps you can use `:argadd **/*.m` in a running vim with
      working clipboard followed by a `:tab ball` to open all the buffers in
      tabs.

      Nico

    • mick
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 4, 2008
        Yes, Thank you!

        By the way, since I wrote the last message, I was searching
        for something like this and found a tip saying
        :argadd **/*.m
        :sal
        did so, and now I see that al, all, sal, and sall seem to be synonyms.