Re: clipboard support

    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 3, 2008
      On 15/12/2007, mick <mickmcquaid@...> wrote:
      > On Dec 14, 4:21 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
      > > > After replacing clp_mch_request_selection(..) with your code, I still
      > > > see
      > >
      > > > requesting selecion
      > > > 0x0
      > > > 0x0
      > > > done requesting selecion
      > >
      > > That means that [NSPasteboard generalPasteboard] returns nil. Very
      > > strange.
      > >

      > I tried adding usleep(500000);
      > but to no avail. Saying
      > mvim file1
      > still results in no ability to cut and paste between MacVim
      > and other apps.
      >
      > By the way, thank you for taking so much time on this!
      > I really appreciate it even though the problem has not
      > yet been resolved.

      This is another stab in the dark, but how about if you start MacVim
      without forking on the command line? I.e. use the "-f" switch:

      /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -f -g

      Does copy/paste work then? I only ask because when you start MacVim
      with "open -a MacVim" the Vim process does not fork (also when you
      start the gui with ":gui"), whereas if you start MacVim with "mvim"
      from Terminal then Vim forks by default.

      (By the way: I also have no idea why [NSPasteboard generalPasteboard]
      would fail. I googled around for such problems but could not find
      anything.)

      /Björn

    • mick
      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 4, 2008
        Yes, Thank you!

        By the way, since I wrote the last message, I was searching
        for something like this and found a tip saying
        :argadd **/*.m
        :sal
        did so, and now I see that al, all, sal, and sall seem to be synonyms.