Re: Carbon vim encoding problems, plus compilation issues

  • Sébastien Pierre
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2002
      Le mardi 14 mai 2002, à 07:18 PM, the shrubber a écrit :

      > In fact, in the underlying stuff, vim still THINKS it's using Latin-1 or
      > Unicode, but it's using MacRoman for the display/input.

      Hmmm... When I write a file with encoding=latin1 the file is encoded as
      MacRoman. For instance in the command-line version of Vim which I have
      from Fink the word "sécurité" is encoded as "s<E9>curit<E9>", while in
      Carbon Vim I have "s<8E>curit<8E>". So as you say Vim thinks the <é>
      keystroke is in fact the <8E> character in Latin1?

      > I'm not sure if i'm making much sense, but the key idea is that on a
      > Unix level, the encoding stuff is right, it's just that we need to
      > upgrade Vim from Quickdraw to something more Carbony.
      >
      > I can't help you otherwise, but i will hold you in high regard if you
      > fix this (it's something specific to the Mac interface for vim), so that
      > i can write en français, without running any transformations on my text.

      I'm not familiar with Carbon, so I couldn't really help :(
      I was thinking of autocommands using the iconv command-line tool and a
      variable different from fileencoding as a turnaround, but your functions
      seems fine :)

      Cheers,

      -- Sébastien.

      --
      Q: What drug makes the experience of listening to you guys so much
      better? herb just isnt enough for me anymore.