Re: Plugin menu item problems

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2007
      On 11/12/2007, ashres@... <ashres@...> wrote:

      > Hey guys,
      > I've recently downloaded Tim Pope's rails.vim plugin and wanted to see
      > how it would work with MacVim (currently on snapshot 712B).
      >
      > A strange thing occurs: MacVim seems to, for a split second, display
      > the "Plugins" menu -- under which you could access the functionality
      > of the rails.vim plugin -- but then it disappears. Has anyone else
      > noticed this not just with rails.vim, but also with any other plugins?
      >
      > Another issue dealing with plugin menu items is with Netrw. Whenever
      > I invoke the :Explore buffer, a "Netrw" item is inserted into the menu
      > bar. However, once I exit or delete the :Explore buffer, that menu
      > item is still there. I would think the expected behavior is that the
      > Netrw menu item would appear and disappear depending on if I have
      > the :Explore buffer active or not. Maybe I'm mistaken with that
      > assumption.
      >
      > Any help/info would be helpful.

      It would seem there is a bug in the way MacVim handles menus. I just
      checked :Explore in Carbon Vim and the Netrw menu does disappear after
      exiting :Explore. The problems with the "Plugins" menu disappearing
      also seems suspect. I will take a look at these issues when I get a
      chance.

      Thanks for the report,