Re: Ctrl-^ inactive

  • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
      At 12:47 Uhr -0500 2002-04-02, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > It works in a Terminal window for me, too, even if I use the
      >Carbon vim in a Terminal window. I do see the problem when running
      >the Carbon version in GUI mode, and I think I had the same problem
      >when I used Axel Kielhorn's version in OS 8. I think Axel is
      >working on similar problems; this one may go away when he finishes.

      It is working here with patched gui_mac_doKeyEvent function.
      That function is still not doing everything as it is supposed to, but
      I will compile Vim 6.1 on Linux next weekend to get a reference.

      Axel
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
        "Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)" wrote:

        > At 12:47 Uhr -0500 2002-04-02, Benji Fisher wrote:
        >
        > > It works in a Terminal window for me, too, even if I use the
        > >Carbon vim in a Terminal window. I do see the problem when running
        > >the Carbon version in GUI mode, and I think I had the same problem
        > >when I used Axel Kielhorn's version in OS 8. I think Axel is
        > >working on similar problems; this one may go away when he finishes.
        >
        > It is working here with patched gui_mac_doKeyEvent function.
        > That function is still not doing everything as it is supposed to, but
        > I will compile Vim 6.1 on Linux next weekend to get a reference.
        >
        > Axel

        That's good news! I just spent the whole morning working on TeX
        ftplugins, so I really should not spend much more time on vim this week.
        Maybe next week, I can compile and post an OS X version with the latest
        version of gui_mac_doKeyEvent .

        --Benji Fisher

        P.S. A Google search for "Carbon Vim" now lists
        http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/
        as the first match. Thanks to all who made a link to my page!