Re: Ctrl-^ inactive

  • Bill Tschumy
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2002
      FWIW, this does work on my Vim 6.1 running in a terminal. I
      downloaded the source last week from
      <http://vim.sourceforge.net/download.php> and compiled it myself.

      --
      Bill Tschumy
      Otherwise -- Austin, TX
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2002
        It works in a Terminal window for me, too, even if I use the Carbon
        vim in a Terminal window. I do see the problem when running the Carbon
        version in GUI mode, and I think I had the same problem when I used Axel
        Kielhorn's version in OS 8. I think Axel is working on similar
        problems; this one may go away when he finishes.

        --Benji Fisher

        On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 11:56 AM, Bill Tschumy wrote:

        > FWIW, this does work on my Vim 6.1 running in a terminal. I downloaded
        > the source last week from <http://vim.sourceforge.net/download.php> and
        > compiled it myself.
        >

        > On Monday, April 1, 2002, at 11:02 PM, mc wrote:
        >
        >> Ctrl-^, which I think should mean "edit alternate file," has no effect
        >> on Mac OS X. I have tried the gvim binaries from Benji Fisher on two
        >> different macintoshes with the same results. Since it is the same for
        >> the terminal vim I already had (possibly from fink.sourceforge.net,
        >> can't remember where I picked it up), I'm not sure where the problem
        >> lies.
        >>
        >> Mick
        >>

        > --
        > Bill Tschumy
        > Otherwise -- Austin, TX
        > bill@...

      • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
          At 12:47 Uhr -0500 2002-04-02, Benji Fisher wrote:

          > It works in a Terminal window for me, too, even if I use the
          >Carbon vim in a Terminal window. I do see the problem when running
          >the Carbon version in GUI mode, and I think I had the same problem
          >when I used Axel Kielhorn's version in OS 8. I think Axel is
          >working on similar problems; this one may go away when he finishes.

          It is working here with patched gui_mac_doKeyEvent function.
          That function is still not doing everything as it is supposed to, but
          I will compile Vim 6.1 on Linux next weekend to get a reference.

          Axel
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
            "Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)" wrote:

            > At 12:47 Uhr -0500 2002-04-02, Benji Fisher wrote:
            >
            > > It works in a Terminal window for me, too, even if I use the
            > >Carbon vim in a Terminal window. I do see the problem when running
            > >the Carbon version in GUI mode, and I think I had the same problem
            > >when I used Axel Kielhorn's version in OS 8. I think Axel is
            > >working on similar problems; this one may go away when he finishes.
            >
            > It is working here with patched gui_mac_doKeyEvent function.
            > That function is still not doing everything as it is supposed to, but
            > I will compile Vim 6.1 on Linux next weekend to get a reference.
            >
            > Axel

            That's good news! I just spent the whole morning working on TeX
            ftplugins, so I really should not spend much more time on vim this week.
            Maybe next week, I can compile and post an OS X version with the latest
            version of gui_mac_doKeyEvent .

            --Benji Fisher

            P.S. A Google search for "Carbon Vim" now lists
            http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/
            as the first match. Thanks to all who made a link to my page!