Question about macvim icon for file-type

  • matteo rattotti
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2007
      Hi all,

      i'm using macvim as default editor, but it seem that i cannot change
      the default icon for my .py file to match the macvim icon...

      If i change a single file (cmd-i -> Open with: macvim) the icon will
      change normally, but when i click on the "Change All..." the icon
      became the black script icon and the other .py file are not affected
      at all.

      I've tried to make change to macvim info.plist, but no luck with it,
      anyone has any tips?

      Thanks so much, macvim is a great project.

      --
      Matteo Rattotti
      http://www.shinyfrog.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
        Hi Matteo,

        On 05/12/2007, matteo rattotti <matteo.rattotti@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > i'm using macvim as default editor, but it seem that i cannot change
        > the default icon for my .py file to match the macvim icon...
        >
        > If i change a single file (cmd-i -> Open with: macvim) the icon will
        > change normally, but when i click on the "Change All..." the icon
        > became the black script icon and the other .py file are not affected
        > at all.
        >
        > I've tried to make change to macvim info.plist, but no luck with it,
        > anyone has any tips?

        Unfortunately, no. I have noticed that adding entries to Info.plist
        only changes all the respective file icons if the file type you added
        isn't already in the Info.plist of another application.

        You might want to search for a solution on some general OS X forum
        instead (look around at lists.apple.com for example).

        /Björn

      • E. Wing
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
          I don't know if this will actually work, but after changing the file
          association, have you tried rebuilding the Launch Services database?
          (You'll need to Google for the command. Things moved around between
          Tiger and Leopard so you'll need to find the command you need.)

          Thanks,
          Eric