MacVim.app - snapshot 0712A

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
      Hi,

      Time for a new snapshot...you can download a copy from:

      http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

      The main feature of this snapshot is ODB Editor support. The current
      implementation is fairly complete, so all "usual" ODB operations
      should work. However, some "optional" items are not yet implemented;
      for instance the window title may point to some temp file when you
      edit with ODB instead of the remote path (if e.g. it is on an FTP
      server) of the file.

      When trying to set MacVim as the external editor for an ODB aware app
      please note that apps usually hard-code which editors support ODB.
      This means that the ODB aware app may tell you that MacVim does not
      support ODB even though that is not the case.

      Another related feature is Xcode integration. If you for example
      double-click on a build error in Xcode (after setting MacVim as your
      editor in "Xcode Preferences" -> "File Types"), then MacVim will now
      open on the line of the error.

      Another nice addition is that tabs on Leopard now look much better
      thanks to a patch by Nico Weber. Another thing Nico has added is
      support for forking (see :h gui-fork); this mostly means that you
      don't need to add '&' when starting MacVim from Terminal (the mvim
      script has been updated to reflect this change as well).

      The rest of the changes you can see for yourself at
      http://repo.or.cz/w/MacVim.git.

      /Björn

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
        On 02/12/2007, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

        > Time for a new snapshot...you can download a copy from:
        >
        > http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
        >
        > The main feature of this snapshot is ODB Editor support. The current
        > implementation is fairly complete, so all "usual" ODB operations
        > should work. However, some "optional" items are not yet implemented;
        > for instance the window title may point to some temp file when you
        > edit with ODB instead of the remote path (if e.g. it is on an FTP
        > server) of the file.

        I forgot to credit Eelco Lempsink and Chris Eidhof, who made the
        intial ODB Editor patch for Carbon Vim. Their patch didn't make it
        verbatim into MacVim, but it made my work a whole lot easier.

        /Björn