Re: Cyberduck and MacVim.app

    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2007
      On 28/11/2007, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > On 28/11/2007, Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > It is a fairly complete implementation. At the moment I do not
      > > > display the 'keyFileCustomPath' [1] string, but I am guessing it
      > > > should be used as the window title if the external program passes it.
      > > > Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do with this
      > > > parameter?
      > >
      > > This should probably be used as file name in the title. Perhaps add a
      > > possibility to have a "customPath empty ? realPath : customPath"
      > > option to titlestr (and make it the default). Right now, MacVim
      > > displays the path to some temporary file for ODB edited files.
      >
      > That's what I was thinking too...I'd better get an ODB aware program
      > to test it out with though, to see that it looks ok.

      Does anybody know a ODB aware program that actually passes the "custom
      path" parameter with the "ODB open" event? I tried Cyberduck but it
      did not pass it; I also tried a demo version of Transmit but it
      doesn't even seem to support ODB! Any other suggestions?

      /Björn

      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 5, 2008
        On 05/02/2008, dchan@... <dchan@...> wrote:

        > The documentation in the current ODBInputManager.tar.bz2 on the
        > website as of Sunday evening is slightly off. I too have been getting
        > the "Can't open input server /Library/InputManagers/Edit in
        > ODBEditor.bundle" errors.
        >
        > The current documentation says:
        >
        > >1. From the Terminal, do (the backslash indicates that the command you have to
        > > type continues on the next line):
        > >
        > > defaults write org.slashpunt.edit_in_odbeditor \
        > > ODBEditorBundleIdentifier "org.vim.MacVim"
        > > defaults write org.slashpunt.edit_in_odbeditor \
        > > ODBEditorName MacVim
        > > sudo mkdir /Library/InputManagers
        > > sudo cp -pR "~/Desktop/ODBInputManager/Edit in ODBEditor" \
        > > /Library/InputManagers
        > > sudo chown -R root:admin /Library/InputManagers
        >
        > The 4th command should say something more like
        >
        > sudo cp -pR ~/"Desktop/ODBInputManager/Edit in ODBEditor" /Library/
        > InputManagers
        >
        > the ~ needs to not be in "" to expand correctly.
        >
        > Also, to be clear, the .bundle should NOT be directly in the
        > InputManagers directory.
        >
        > The tilde expansion failed for me, so when I re-ran it, I used tab-
        > complete, which stuck a / on the tail of the "Edit in ODBEditor" This
        > copies the contents of
        > Edit in ODBEditor" without the directory itself, and you get
        > the .bundle in /Library/InputMethods. You want to end up with
        > something like this tree:
        >
        > /Library/InputManagers
        > /Library/InputManagers/.DS_Store
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle/
        > Contents
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle/
        > Contents/Info.plist
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle/
        > Contents/MacOS
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle/
        > Contents/MacOS/Edit in ODBEditor
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle/
        > Contents/Resources
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle/
        > Contents/Resources/English.lproj
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle/
        > Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Edit in ODBEditor.bundle/
        > Contents/Resources/url map.plist
        > /Library/InputManagers/Edit In ODBEditor/Info

        Thanks...I have updated the instructions to point out that it is very
        important not to add that extra slash after the paths when copying
        folders. (Also, see my reply to Ted's post.)

        /Björn