State of the current code

  • anmar
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hello Guys:

      I plan on doing some MacVim testing but wanted to clear a few things.
      I just pulled the latest code and notices no more toolbar, tabs don't
      show up instead we get a drawer listing all the tabs.

      Is the code in such a large state of flux that I should hold off
      testing, and mostly using what is in the git repo? let me know so I
      can arrange my time.

      Cheers!

      anmar
    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
        Hi,

        > I plan on doing some MacVim testing but wanted to clear a few things.
        > I just pulled the latest code and notices no more toolbar, tabs don't
        > show up instead we get a drawer listing all the tabs.

        where did you get the code from? This sounds like the carbon gui. Make
        sure you got the code from the MacVim git repository. You also have to
        build both vim and MacVim. And you have to make sure you configure vim
        correctly, so that it uses the MacVim gui (sometimes after a `git
        pull` you have to rerun configure).

        See here for more information: http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building

        > Is the code in such a large state of flux that I should hold off
        > testing, and mostly using what is in the git repo? let me know so I
        > can arrange my time.

        I don't understand your question. MacVim code only lives in its git
        repo. The official vim code only comes with the old carbon gui. The
        code in the git repository is in some kind of flux, but only because
        stuff gets added.

        Nico

      • anmar
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
          Hey Nico:

          Thanks for the response. I do have the right git repo but I guess I
          needed to run the configure script first. I will do that right now and
          should be back on track.

          Cheers!

          anmar