Fileformats (viminfo trouble)

  • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2002
      Over the weekend I spend some time in the debugger to fix a problem
      with the viminfo file.

      To fix this problem I had to remove some magic in the funktion
      fgets_cr that handles the conversion between fileformats when
      sourcing files.

      This removes a hack that enabled Vim to source files in DOS format
      because this hack was overcorrecting when the file was in Unix
      fileformat.

      I would suggest to remove the ability to source DOS files and
      document that as a feature.
      The disadvantage is that it is no longer possible to share runtime
      files in DOS format (e. g. with a Virtual PC installation).

      Vim will still be able to *edit* DOS files.

      If anyone is against this, please send your comment to the list,
      otherwise I will send a patch to Bram over the easter/pesach break.

      Axel