Re: Vim 6.1b.035 +perl (Carbon for OS X)

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2002
      Sven Guckes wrote:

      > * Benji Fisher <fisherbb@...> [2002-03-22 20:52]:
      > > I have just uploaded vim 6.1b.035 (Carbon) for OS X to my iDisk:
      > > http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html
      >
      > or rather..
      > http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=fisherbb&templatefn=FileSharing1.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.1.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en
      >
      > ok - that URL *is* a bit long... ;-)

      I know that the (short) URL I give works. I do not know how reliable the
      redirection is. Also, the link I gave has instructions for connecting via
      WebDAV. Since my binaries only work on Mac OS X, and Mac OS X has WebDAV
      built in, this seems useful. Once you have connected this way, you can move
      files around from the command line or with the Finder. Untested, but might
      work:

      % cd /Applications
      % tar xzf /Volumes/fisherbb/Public/vim6.1b.035

      > > This beta version includes all the latest patches, including
      > > those from MURAOKA Taro, posted here a few days ago.
      >
      > wow. that's pretty darn up-to-date, Benji! :-)
      >
      > > If MURAOKA Taro's latest Makefile worked, this version should
      > > include Perl support, but I do not have time to test this now.
      >
      > Taro-san - can you test your patch again?

      Now, we can all help test it. ;) I included the patch for IM_CONTROL,
      but I am not sure how to test this. (I am a typical English-only American,
      with no use for multibyte support.)

      > > (I did check the output of :version, and +perl
      > > is there.) This is a "big" (not "huge") version,
      > > in case that makes a difference to anyone.
      >
      > can you add such info to your webpage, too?
      > please?

      I certainly will, as soon as I have a little time while on the right
      machine. Yesterday, I was worried about being late to rescue my daughter from
      her Girl Scout meeting. ;)

      --Benji Fisher