Vim 6.1b.035 +perl (Carbon for OS X)

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2002
      I have just uploaded vim 6.1b.035 (Carbon) for OS X to my iDisk:

      http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html

      This beta version includes all the latest patches, including those from
      MURAOKA Taro, posted here a few days ago. If MURAOKA Taro's latest
      Makefile worked, this version should include Perl support, but I do not
      have time to test this now. (I did check the output of :version, and
      +perl is there.) This is a "big" (not "huge") version, in case that
      makes a difference to anyone.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Sven Guckes
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 22, 2002
        * Benji Fisher <fisherbb@...> [2002-03-22 20:52]:
        > I have just uploaded vim 6.1b.035 (Carbon) for OS X to my iDisk:
        > http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html

        or rather..
        http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=fisherbb&templatefn=FileSharing1.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.1.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en

        ok - that URL *is* a bit long... ;-)

        > This beta version includes all the latest patches, including
        > those from MURAOKA Taro, posted here a few days ago.

        wow. that's pretty darn up-to-date, Benji! :-)

        > If MURAOKA Taro's latest Makefile worked, this version should
        > include Perl support, but I do not have time to test this now.

        Taro-san - can you test your patch again?

        > (I did check the output of :version, and +perl
        > is there.) This is a "big" (not "huge") version,
        > in case that makes a difference to anyone.

        can you add such info to your webpage, too?
        please?

        Sven
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 23, 2002
          Sven Guckes wrote:

          > * Benji Fisher <fisherbb@...> [2002-03-22 20:52]:
          > > I have just uploaded vim 6.1b.035 (Carbon) for OS X to my iDisk:
          > > http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html
          >
          > or rather..
          > http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=fisherbb&templatefn=FileSharing1.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.1.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en
          >
          > ok - that URL *is* a bit long... ;-)

          I know that the (short) URL I give works. I do not know how reliable the
          redirection is. Also, the link I gave has instructions for connecting via
          WebDAV. Since my binaries only work on Mac OS X, and Mac OS X has WebDAV
          built in, this seems useful. Once you have connected this way, you can move
          files around from the command line or with the Finder. Untested, but might
          work:

          % cd /Applications
          % tar xzf /Volumes/fisherbb/Public/vim6.1b.035

          > > This beta version includes all the latest patches, including
          > > those from MURAOKA Taro, posted here a few days ago.
          >
          > wow. that's pretty darn up-to-date, Benji! :-)
          >
          > > If MURAOKA Taro's latest Makefile worked, this version should
          > > include Perl support, but I do not have time to test this now.
          >
          > Taro-san - can you test your patch again?

          Now, we can all help test it. ;) I included the patch for IM_CONTROL,
          but I am not sure how to test this. (I am a typical English-only American,
          with no use for multibyte support.)

          > > (I did check the output of :version, and +perl
          > > is there.) This is a "big" (not "huge") version,
          > > in case that makes a difference to anyone.
          >
          > can you add such info to your webpage, too?
          > please?

          I certainly will, as soon as I have a little time while on the right
          machine. Yesterday, I was worried about being late to rescue my daughter from
          her Girl Scout meeting. ;)

          --Benji Fisher