MacVim.app IM support [Was: Re: vim-cocoa 0.1 released]

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2007
      On 12/11/2007, Kazuki Sakamoto <sakamoto.kazuki@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > On Nov 12, 2007 2:15 PM, Jjgod Jiang <gzjjgod@...> wrote:
      > > > A bad news is that it doesn't fully control the Input Method,
      > > > i.e., the IM (such as Kotoeri) is still ON if I go to the normal mode
      > > > by hitting ESC. I must manually turn off the IM. If I go back to the
      > > > input mode I must turn it on again.
      > > I'm aware of that, but vim-cocoa and carbon vim control the IM status in
      > > different levels, maybe they have different capabilities, but I'm not sure.
      > > It's still a problem to investigate, but I just don't have time to do so
      > > recently.
      >
      > The attached patch will enable to control the IM in vim-cocoa.
      > It uses carbon API, because cocoa API can't get the IM status
      > as far as I know.

      I have "ported" this patch to MacVim.app, and I also generally cleaned
      up IM support (esc, delete, return now work as expected when there is
      marked text and the pre-edit area pops up at the right spot also when
      doing searches). Thanks to Sakamoto-san for bringing it to my
      attention how this could be implemented (I didn't understand what the
      im_*() functions were supposed to do before).

      /Björn