Re: Plans for MacVim-6.1?

  • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 14, 2002
      At 19:49 Uhr +0100 2002-03-12, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > > And I'd rather save my time of updating the
      >> page telling users to download one of four
      >> or even five experimental versions or keep
      >> them waiting until the next release.
      >
      >You help users best by explaining which version is useful for which
      >user.

      I promise to add a web page when I release 6.1b:-) And I will include
      a link to Benji's page for MacOS X users.

      >A console and GUI version for each platform, at least. And perhaps
      >compiled with different features (minimal, multi-byte, big, etc.).
      >That's all fine, so long as it's clear for a user which one he would
      >like to download.

      There will be no console version for pre-MacOS X, I can promise that as well:-)

      I don't think a small version for PPC is useful, these machines are
      quite powerful and have a lot of memory. (Next someone with a PMac
      6100 will complain.) But I'm trying to build a small version for
      68000. These machines are definatly slow and don't have a lot of
      memory.

      Axel