Re: MacVim.app - snapshot-0710B

  • Dan Callahan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
      >> I am now using the icons that Dan Callahan sent me. These do look
      >> better on Leopard, check out the screen shot in
      >
      > Open and Save icons look quite weird (especially Open) in the new icon
      > set.

      I agree. In my mind, I associate the "eject" symbol with "load." Perhaps an
      open folder would be better? Regardless, both could be significantly
      improved.

      In compiling the new set, I hoped for a quick improvement in MacVim's
      appearance, as the Crystal icon set did not feel very Mac-like. I consider
      these icons to be a temporary solution.

      To be honest, I'd like to completely overhaul the toolbar, as file opening
      and saving (along with clipboard and history) operations are extremely rare
      in toolbars of native Mac applications. For instance, neither of the Mac
      icon sets I found even included icons for those actions.

      By redesigning the toolbar, we can make Vim feel much more at home on a Mac.
      To that end, I'd appreciate any suggestions you have for its redesign.

      Thanks,
      -Dan Callahan

      (Posting via nabble.com; hopefully this makes it through....)