Re: Plans for MacVim-6.1?

  • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 12 11:19 AM
      At 22:46 Uhr +0100 2002-03-11, Sven Guckes wrote:

      >When I look back at the time when I syarted
      >supporting Vim then it was also for having
      >a version for Mac. But there have not been
      >updates for Macs for almost two years now.
      >
      >This is bad! Real bad.

      Vim 6.0.17 for Mac OS Classic was released on 2001-10-21 and
      announced on this list. Since then there have been some updates, the
      last one I still have in my archive was 6.0.127 on 2002-01-13.

      There has no 6.1a release because Benji and I have been sending each
      other patches but I hope to upload a 6.1b release.

      Axel

      BTW, www.tu-bs.de/~i0080108 is dead, but I can't remove it because I
      no longer have access to that site. Guess I have to bribe the admins
      to get it removed.
    • david craig
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 13 12:19 PM
        > So - what is the plan to get *the* MacVim-6.1 onto the FTP mirrors?

        Forgive, but ... which *is* "the" MacVIM? I long ago became so
        hopelessly confused by this that I gave up trying to figure it out.

        David Craig

        <http://www.panix.com/~dac/>
      • Sven Guckes
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 13 2:18 PM
          * david craig <dac@...> [2002-03-13 20:19]:
          > > So - what is the plan to get *the* MacVim-6.1 onto the FTP mirrors?
          > Forgive, but ... which *is* "the" MacVIM? I long ago became so
          > hopelessly confused by this that I gave up trying to figure it out.

          that's *exactly* what I meant! *grin*

          I suppose that *the* MacVim is a binary "with everything" -
          and a different binary for each platform, of course.

          Sven
        • Mac Vim Support (Axel Kielhorn)
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 14 7:55 AM
            At 19:49 Uhr +0100 2002-03-12, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            > > And I'd rather save my time of updating the
            >> page telling users to download one of four
            >> or even five experimental versions or keep
            >> them waiting until the next release.
            >
            >You help users best by explaining which version is useful for which
            >user.

            I promise to add a web page when I release 6.1b:-) And I will include
            a link to Benji's page for MacOS X users.

            >A console and GUI version for each platform, at least. And perhaps
            >compiled with different features (minimal, multi-byte, big, etc.).
            >That's all fine, so long as it's clear for a user which one he would
            >like to download.

            There will be no console version for pre-MacOS X, I can promise that as well:-)

            I don't think a small version for PPC is useful, these machines are
            quite powerful and have a lot of memory. (Next someone with a PMac
            6100 will complain.) But I'm trying to build a small version for
            68000. These machines are definatly slow and don't have a lot of
            memory.

            Axel