Re: MacVim.app - snapshot-0710B

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
      > As most of you probably know already there was a bug in the latest
      > snapshot where Ctrl-keys didn't work properly in Leopard. Since this
      > is a pretty serious bug I have built and released a new snapshot. If
      > you are running Leopard I suggest you download the new snapshot from
      > the usual place:

      Works great. Speaking of Leopard: A few of the toolbar icons don't
      look good on the new toolbar color:

      http://amnoid.de/tmp/leopard_toolbar.png

      (Mainly the scissors and the screwdriver).

      Hey, Tiger didn't add the shadow if you did `Ctrl-4 space` on a
      window, did it? Nice :-)

      Nico

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
        On 02/11/2007, Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:

        > > As most of you probably know already there was a bug in the latest
        > > snapshot where Ctrl-keys didn't work properly in Leopard. Since this
        > > is a pretty serious bug I have built and released a new snapshot. If
        > > you are running Leopard I suggest you download the new snapshot from
        > > the usual place:
        >
        > Works great. Speaking of Leopard: A few of the toolbar icons don't
        > look good on the new toolbar color:
        >
        > http://amnoid.de/tmp/leopard_toolbar.png
        >
        > (Mainly the scissors and the screwdriver).

        I am now using the icons that Dan Callahan sent me. These do look
        better on Leopard, check out the screen shot in

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=26

        > Hey, Tiger didn't add the shadow if you did `Ctrl-4 space` on a
        > window, did it? Nice :-)

        I'm not sure that this means? Is it a Leopard thing?

        /Björn

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
          > I am now using the icons that Dan Callahan sent me. These do look
          > better on Leopard, check out the screen shot in

          Open and Save icons look quite weird (especially Open) in the new icon
          set.

          >> Hey, Tiger didn't add the shadow if you did `Ctrl-4 space` on a
          >> window, did it? Nice :-)
          >
          > I'm not sure that this means? Is it a Leopard thing?

          Tiger didn't add the window shadow if you did a screenshot with shift-
          ctrl-4 space.

          Nico

        • Dan Callahan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
            >> I am now using the icons that Dan Callahan sent me. These do look
            >> better on Leopard, check out the screen shot in
            >
            > Open and Save icons look quite weird (especially Open) in the new icon
            > set.

            I agree. In my mind, I associate the "eject" symbol with "load." Perhaps an
            open folder would be better? Regardless, both could be significantly
            improved.

            In compiling the new set, I hoped for a quick improvement in MacVim's
            appearance, as the Crystal icon set did not feel very Mac-like. I consider
            these icons to be a temporary solution.

            To be honest, I'd like to completely overhaul the toolbar, as file opening
            and saving (along with clipboard and history) operations are extremely rare
            in toolbars of native Mac applications. For instance, neither of the Mac
            icon sets I found even included icons for those actions.

            By redesigning the toolbar, we can make Vim feel much more at home on a Mac.
            To that end, I'd appreciate any suggestions you have for its redesign.

            Thanks,
            -Dan Callahan

            (Posting via nabble.com; hopefully this makes it through....)