MacVim.app - snapshot-0710B

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      As most of you probably know already there was a bug in the latest
      snapshot where Ctrl-keys didn't work properly in Leopard. Since this
      is a pretty serious bug I have built and released a new snapshot. If
      you are running Leopard I suggest you download the new snapshot from
      the usual place:

      http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

      /Björn

      P.S. This snapshot also includes an optimization that makes
      'matchparen' faster (but it is still slow in some cases).

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007
        > As most of you probably know already there was a bug in the latest
        > snapshot where Ctrl-keys didn't work properly in Leopard. Since this
        > is a pretty serious bug I have built and released a new snapshot. If
        > you are running Leopard I suggest you download the new snapshot from
        > the usual place:

        Works great. Speaking of Leopard: A few of the toolbar icons don't
        look good on the new toolbar color:

        http://amnoid.de/tmp/leopard_toolbar.png

        (Mainly the scissors and the screwdriver).

        Hey, Tiger didn't add the shadow if you did `Ctrl-4 space` on a
        window, did it? Nice :-)

        Nico

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
          On 02/11/2007, Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:

          > > As most of you probably know already there was a bug in the latest
          > > snapshot where Ctrl-keys didn't work properly in Leopard. Since this
          > > is a pretty serious bug I have built and released a new snapshot. If
          > > you are running Leopard I suggest you download the new snapshot from
          > > the usual place:
          >
          > Works great. Speaking of Leopard: A few of the toolbar icons don't
          > look good on the new toolbar color:
          >
          > http://amnoid.de/tmp/leopard_toolbar.png
          >
          > (Mainly the scissors and the screwdriver).

          I am now using the icons that Dan Callahan sent me. These do look
          better on Leopard, check out the screen shot in

          http://code.google.com/p/macvim/issues/detail?id=26

          > Hey, Tiger didn't add the shadow if you did `Ctrl-4 space` on a
          > window, did it? Nice :-)

          I'm not sure that this means? Is it a Leopard thing?

          /Björn

        • Nico Weber
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
            > I am now using the icons that Dan Callahan sent me. These do look
            > better on Leopard, check out the screen shot in

            Open and Save icons look quite weird (especially Open) in the new icon
            set.

            >> Hey, Tiger didn't add the shadow if you did `Ctrl-4 space` on a
            >> window, did it? Nice :-)
            >
            > I'm not sure that this means? Is it a Leopard thing?

            Tiger didn't add the window shadow if you did a screenshot with shift-
            ctrl-4 space.

            Nico

          • Dan Callahan
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
              >> I am now using the icons that Dan Callahan sent me. These do look
              >> better on Leopard, check out the screen shot in
              >
              > Open and Save icons look quite weird (especially Open) in the new icon
              > set.

              I agree. In my mind, I associate the "eject" symbol with "load." Perhaps an
              open folder would be better? Regardless, both could be significantly
              improved.

              In compiling the new set, I hoped for a quick improvement in MacVim's
              appearance, as the Crystal icon set did not feel very Mac-like. I consider
              these icons to be a temporary solution.

              To be honest, I'd like to completely overhaul the toolbar, as file opening
              and saving (along with clipboard and history) operations are extremely rare
              in toolbars of native Mac applications. For instance, neither of the Mac
              icon sets I found even included icons for those actions.

              By redesigning the toolbar, we can make Vim feel much more at home on a Mac.
              To that end, I'd appreciate any suggestions you have for its redesign.

              Thanks,
              -Dan Callahan

              (Posting via nabble.com; hopefully this makes it through....)