Re: Vim.app window location

  • foosh
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      On Nov 1, 1:51 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
      > in carbon vim, you can put `winpos 500 200` in your _gvimrc. MacVim
      > ignores this atm, but neither MacVim nor vim-cocoa open there window
      > in the top left.
      >
      > Nico

      So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
      was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
      the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
      how this is different from MacVim.

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        > So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
        > was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
        > the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
        > how this is different from MacVim.

        The naming is a bit confusing. Currently, MacVim means http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
        (at least on this list :-P).

        Nico

      • foosh
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          On Nov 1, 5:37 pm, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
          > > So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
          > > was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
          > > the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
          > > how this is different from MacVim.
          >
          > The naming is a bit confusing. Currently, MacVim meanshttp://code.google.com/p/macvim/
          > (at least on this list :-P).

          Yeah, the confusion stems from the domain for "vim on mac" (i.e., the
          carbon build) being called macvim.org and also being the first search
          result.

          Now to figure out whether I like MacVim or vim-cocoa better...
          decisions, decisions!