Re: Vim.app window location

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007

      > Is there a way to change Vim.app's default window startup location
      >> from the very top-left to x,y location?

      in carbon vim, you can put `winpos 500 200` in your _gvimrc. MacVim
      ignores this atm, but neither MacVim nor vim-cocoa open there window
      in the top left.

      Nico

    • foosh
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        On Nov 1, 1:51 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
        > in carbon vim, you can put `winpos 500 200` in your _gvimrc. MacVim
        > ignores this atm, but neither MacVim nor vim-cocoa open there window
        > in the top left.
        >
        > Nico

        So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
        was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
        the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
        how this is different from MacVim.

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          > So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
          > was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
          > the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
          > how this is different from MacVim.

          The naming is a bit confusing. Currently, MacVim means http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
          (at least on this list :-P).

          Nico

        • foosh
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
            On Nov 1, 5:37 pm, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
            > > So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
            > > was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
            > > the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
            > > how this is different from MacVim.
            >
            > The naming is a bit confusing. Currently, MacVim meanshttp://code.google.com/p/macvim/
            > (at least on this list :-P).

            Yeah, the confusion stems from the domain for "vim on mac" (i.e., the
            carbon build) being called macvim.org and also being the first search
            result.

            Now to figure out whether I like MacVim or vim-cocoa better...
            decisions, decisions!