Vim.app window location

  • foosh
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
      Is there a way to change Vim.app's default window startup location
      from the very top-left to x,y location?

    • Nico Weber
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
        Hi,

        > Is there a way to change Vim.app's default window startup location
        >> from the very top-left to x,y location?

        in carbon vim, you can put `winpos 500 200` in your _gvimrc. MacVim
        ignores this atm, but neither MacVim nor vim-cocoa open there window
        in the top left.

        Nico

      • foosh
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          On Nov 1, 1:51 am, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
          > in carbon vim, you can put `winpos 500 200` in your _gvimrc. MacVim
          > ignores this atm, but neither MacVim nor vim-cocoa open there window
          > in the top left.
          >
          > Nico

          So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
          was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
          the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
          how this is different from MacVim.

        • Nico Weber
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
            > So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
            > was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
            > the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
            > how this is different from MacVim.

            The naming is a bit confusing. Currently, MacVim means http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
            (at least on this list :-P).

            Nico

          • foosh
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
              On Nov 1, 5:37 pm, Nico Weber <nicolaswe...@...> wrote:
              > > So there is a difference between MacVim and carbon vim? I initially
              > > was using the "Vim.app" that was produced by downloading and compiling
              > > the vim7 source. It seemed to be using carbon, but I'm not clear on
              > > how this is different from MacVim.
              >
              > The naming is a bit confusing. Currently, MacVim meanshttp://code.google.com/p/macvim/
              > (at least on this list :-P).

              Yeah, the confusion stems from the domain for "vim on mac" (i.e., the
              carbon build) being called macvim.org and also being the first search
              result.

              Now to figure out whether I like MacVim or vim-cocoa better...
              decisions, decisions!