Re: ctrl key doesn't work

  • George Harker
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
      Also works on leopard here too.

      On 29/10/2007, Chris Willmore <cwillmor@...> wrote:

      > On Oct 29, 2:34 pm, "bj�rn" <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:

      > > > I also ran into this problem. It appears that Control-modified key-
      > > > down events are getting passed to -[MMTextView performKeyEquivalent:]
      > > > now instead of -[MMTextView keyDown:], and the former doesn't know how
      > > > to handle them. I wrote a little hack that forwards those events to
      > > > keyDown: instead (diff below), which seems to fix the problem for me,
      > > > but there's probably a more correct way to do it. :)
      > >
      > > Thanks Chris, I have pushed this change to the public git repo. I
      > > made a slight change in that I directly call dispatchKeyEvent: instead
      > > of calling keyDown: (which simply calls the former message anyway).
      > >
      > > Can somebody please confirm that Ctrl-keys work on Leopard with the
      > > latest version from the git repo?
      > >
      > > /Bj�rn
      >
      > Works fine on my Leopard install.
      >
      > -- Chris

    • anmar
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
        Hi:

        Just built it in Leopard and the CTRL button works as expected.

        On Oct 29, 11:34 am, "björn" <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
        > On 29/10/2007, Chris Willmore <cwill...@...> wrote:

        > > > This seems to be a 10.5 bug...Ctrl-f works fine for me on 10.4 (with
        > > > snapshot 0710A). If you are able, try to find out what is going on in
        > > > MMTextView. Ctrl-keys should first be by received by keyDown: which
        > > > in turn passes them on to dispatchKeyEvent:. Try to see what happens
        > > > in these methods, if they seem ok you'll have to look at
        > > > handleKeyDown: in MMBackend (you may have to look at handleInsertText:
        > > > as well, but ctrl-keys should go to the former method). Please let me
        > > > know what you find out (I still do not have Leopard, so I can't debug
        > > > these things myself).
        >
        > > > Good luck,
        > > > Björn
        >
        > > I also ran into this problem. It appears that Control-modified key-
        > > down events are getting passed to -[MMTextView performKeyEquivalent:]
        > > now instead of -[MMTextView keyDown:], and the former doesn't know how
        > > to handle them. I wrote a little hack that forwards those events to
        > > keyDown: instead (diff below), which seems to fix the problem for me,
        > > but there's probably a more correct way to do it. :)
        >
        > Thanks Chris, I have pushed this change to the public git repo. I
        > made a slight change in that I directly call dispatchKeyEvent: instead
        > of calling keyDown: (which simply calls the former message anyway).
        >
        > Can somebody please confirm that Ctrl-keys work on Leopard with the
        > latest version from the git repo?
        >
        > /Björn

      • Adam Mercer
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 30, 2007
          On 29/10/2007, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Chris, I have pushed this change to the public git repo. I
          > made a slight change in that I directly call dispatchKeyEvent: instead
          > of calling keyDown: (which simply calls the former message anyway).
          >
          > Can somebody please confirm that Ctrl-keys work on Leopard with the
          > latest version from the git repo?

          The Ctrl keys work fine for me on Leopard, there is however an issue.
          I start MacVim using the mvim script from Terminal.app when working on
          a project and whenever I use the Ctrl key in MacVim I get the
          following displayed in Terminal.app

          2007-10-30 11:31:55.338 MacVim[58585:10b] pass on control key

          Cheers

          Adam

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 30, 2007
            On 30/10/2007, Adam Mercer <ramercer@...> wrote:

            > On 29/10/2007, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks Chris, I have pushed this change to the public git repo. I
            > > made a slight change in that I directly call dispatchKeyEvent: instead
            > > of calling keyDown: (which simply calls the former message anyway).
            > >
            > > Can somebody please confirm that Ctrl-keys work on Leopard with the
            > > latest version from the git repo?
            >
            > The Ctrl keys work fine for me on Leopard, there is however an issue.
            > I start MacVim using the mvim script from Terminal.app when working on
            > a project and whenever I use the Ctrl key in MacVim I get the
            > following displayed in Terminal.app
            >
            > 2007-10-30 11:31:55.338 MacVim[58585:10b] pass on control key

            Sorry, I forgot to remove the NSLog message I put in for debugging...I
            will remove it straight away.

            Thanks for the confirmation,