Re: Makefile for MacOS X

  • Bob Ippolito
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 10, 2002
      You realize you can build PB projects from the command line too, right?

      man pbxbuild

      -bob

      On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 04:26 AM, Muraoka Taro wrote:

      > I wrote a makefile for MacOS X. Using this file, we can compile gvim
      > binary for MacOS X without heavy Project Builder. If you hate to launch
      > PB, please try out this makefile on terminal.
      >
      > Thanks.
      > ----
      > MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
    • Bob Ippolito
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 10, 2002
        Does OS X actually come with a dylib (.so or .dylib) version of Perl? I
        don't recall there being one last I checked, other than
        /usr/libexec/httpd/libperl.so .. but that just seems kinda sketchy,
        probably compiled with weird options like no threading and no largefile
        support and whatever else if it actually is a full libperl.

        -bob

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 11, 2002
          On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 06:08 AM, MURAOKA Taro wrote:

          >> Ehm, where is it? Not that I can use it myself...
          >
          > hmm... Sorry, my mailer has some trouble of MIME.
          > ----
          > MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
          [Make_osx.mak snipped]

          I had the usual troubles with OS X Mail.app. After I changed 8
          spaces into tabs (:retab!) and joined a broken line, the Makefile got as
          far as linking and then bailed out with the message

          /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
          _default_vimruntime_dir
          _all_cflags
          _all_lflags
          _compiled_sys
          _compiled_user
          make: *** [Vim.x_unix] Error 1

          Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

          --Benji Fisher
        • koron@tka.att.ne.jp
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 11, 2002
            I re-post Make_osx.mak.
            Please try this.
            ----
            MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>

            > I had the usual troubles with OS X Mail.app. After I changed 8
            > spaces into tabs (:retab!) and joined a broken line, the Makefile got as
            > far as linking and then bailed out with the message
          • MURAOKA Taro
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 11, 2002
              ...I sent the Make_osx.mak to Benji Fisher personally.
              Sorry for file-less mail.
              ----
              MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>

              P.S.
              But why?
              I cannot attach any files on a mail
              send both vim-mac and vim-multibyte.
              (I can for vim-dev, it cofused me)
              Does anyone know anything about this?

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 13, 2002
                On Monday, March 11, 2002, at 07:56 PM, MURAOKA Taro wrote:

                > ...I sent the Make_osx.mak to Benji Fisher personally.
                > Sorry for file-less mail.

                I have tested the makefile and posted it on my iDisk, in the
                patches/ folder. It does indeed compile a Carbon vim. Thanks again!
                http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html

                I hope to have time this week to compile vim 6.1b with my favorite
                configure options, thanks to the new makefile. I'll post and announce
                it when I do.

                I believe that the diff file in my patches/ folder has been
                incorporated into vim 6.1b. When I confirm this, I will delete it. A
                few more patches are coming soon.

                --Benji Fisher