Re: Makefile for MacOS X

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 10, 2002
      MURAOKA Taro wrote:

      > > Ehm, where is it? Not that I can use it myself...
      >
      > hmm... Sorry, my mailer has some trouble of MIME.
      [Makefile snipped]

      Thank you! I'll try it out in a few days, and if it works then I will
      use it from now on. (Can this Makefile build the Carbon gui version? I
      suppose I will find out.) One problem with Project Builder is that it ignores
      the autoconf stuff, and I do not know how to compile with perl support without
      using autoconf. Since Mac OS X comes with perl, it would be nice to have a
      perl-enabled version of vim.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Bob Ippolito
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 10, 2002
        You realize you can build PB projects from the command line too, right?

        man pbxbuild

        -bob

        On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 04:26 AM, Muraoka Taro wrote:

        > I wrote a makefile for MacOS X. Using this file, we can compile gvim
        > binary for MacOS X without heavy Project Builder. If you hate to launch
        > PB, please try out this makefile on terminal.
        >
        > Thanks.
        > ----
        > MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
      • Bob Ippolito
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 10, 2002
          Does OS X actually come with a dylib (.so or .dylib) version of Perl? I
          don't recall there being one last I checked, other than
          /usr/libexec/httpd/libperl.so .. but that just seems kinda sketchy,
          probably compiled with weird options like no threading and no largefile
          support and whatever else if it actually is a full libperl.

          -bob

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 11, 2002
            On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 06:08 AM, MURAOKA Taro wrote:

            >> Ehm, where is it? Not that I can use it myself...
            >
            > hmm... Sorry, my mailer has some trouble of MIME.
            > ----
            > MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
            [Make_osx.mak snipped]

            I had the usual troubles with OS X Mail.app. After I changed 8
            spaces into tabs (:retab!) and joined a broken line, the Makefile got as
            far as linking and then bailed out with the message

            /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
            _default_vimruntime_dir
            _all_cflags
            _all_lflags
            _compiled_sys
            _compiled_user
            make: *** [Vim.x_unix] Error 1

            Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

            --Benji Fisher
          • koron@tka.att.ne.jp
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 11, 2002
              I re-post Make_osx.mak.
              Please try this.
              ----
              MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>

              > I had the usual troubles with OS X Mail.app. After I changed 8
              > spaces into tabs (:retab!) and joined a broken line, the Makefile got as
              > far as linking and then bailed out with the message
            • MURAOKA Taro
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 11, 2002
                ...I sent the Make_osx.mak to Benji Fisher personally.
                Sorry for file-less mail.
                ----
                MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>

                P.S.
                But why?
                I cannot attach any files on a mail
                send both vim-mac and vim-multibyte.
                (I can for vim-dev, it cofused me)
                Does anyone know anything about this?

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 13, 2002
                  On Monday, March 11, 2002, at 07:56 PM, MURAOKA Taro wrote:

                  > ...I sent the Make_osx.mak to Benji Fisher personally.
                  > Sorry for file-less mail.

                  I have tested the makefile and posted it on my iDisk, in the
                  patches/ folder. It does indeed compile a Carbon vim. Thanks again!
                  http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html

                  I hope to have time this week to compile vim 6.1b with my favorite
                  configure options, thanks to the new makefile. I'll post and announce
                  it when I do.

                  I believe that the diff file in my patches/ folder has been
                  incorporated into vim 6.1b. When I confirm this, I will delete it. A
                  few more patches are coming soon.

                  --Benji Fisher