vim 6.1a (unstable, Carbon, OS X) ready for testing

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2002
      I have compiled vim 6.1a, with patches 1-28, for Mac OS X
      (Carbon). You can get it, as usual, from my iDisk:
      http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html

      Problems:

      I have made some changes to the code, and I may have made some
      mistakes. Axel Kielhorn and I are trying to incorporate the last big
      patch that Dany St-Amant sent us, so that we can submit it to Bram and
      make it official. I have already noticed one problem: shifted command
      keys are not properly recognized.

      This is a "Big" version, not a "Huge" version.

      Advantages:

      Ordinary shifted keys can be mapped. (This means that you can use
      matchit.vim for example.) Drag-and-drop works (like the last several
      versions I have released).

      Conclusion:

      Please try it out and let me know how it goes, but be careful.
      This has taken a lot of my time alloted to vim; give me another week or
      two to catch up with other suggestions or questions you have sent me.

      --Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2002
        On Wednesday, March 6, 2002, at 08:17 AM, the shrubber wrote:

        > Would it be a bad idea to put your version of the src (i.e. having
        > applied all
        > patches) on your site? The font encoding stuff is untouched, and i
        > might like
        > to tackle it (this is NOT a promise, since i should be doing real work
        > too)
        >
        > (-S-)

        Work? ;)

        I have uploaded a patch, macvim61.diff, to the Public/patches/
        folder on my iDisk. These patches are on top of vim 61a.028, but it is
        unlikely that the official patches on 6.1a will affect this patch.

        The main problem is that I can either map ordinary shifted keys or
        Command-shifted keys. (Remember the discussion between Bram and
        Raindog, and wondering who was missing a patch? This is the mess we are
        trying to fix...) If anyone wants to look into it, try gui_mac.c, the
        gui_mac_doKeyEvent() function.

        If you want to look at font encoding instead, be my guest!

        --Benji Fisher

        http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb/index.html